The grant aims to:
- Support cultural diversity through excellence in the arts, specifically performing arts in Ipswich, e.g. Theatre, Music, Dance, Voice, Instrument (both individual and group).
- Provide an avenue of recognition of local talent.
- Stimulate regional opportunities in performing arts through the:-
- provision of this encouragement award; and
- allocated financial support.
- Reflect the goals and strategies as outlined in the Ipswich City Council Corporate Plan and Cultural Policy.
- Enrich the quality of life through fostering cultural development and growth in participation in the arts.
Applications considered are to address the following criteria:
- Applicants must be residents of Ipswich
- Applicants must be under 25 years of age
- Applications must be for the specific professional development in areas as discussed above which demonstrates significant representation or recognition within specific disciplines, e.g. state or national competitions, workshops or tutorial opportunities.
Conditions of Award
Recipient must demonstrate a preparedness to participate in at least one local recital. This will be negotiated on a case by case basis through the Ipswich City Council, Arts, Social Development and Community Engagement Department.
- Any changes to the purpose of the grant, the time-frame or personnel involved are to be approved and negotiated through the Ipswich City Council, Arts, Social Development and Community Engagement Department
- Grants to be awarded must follow budgetary allocations listed in the application.
- Funding will not be paid retrospectively. Project must not have commenced prior to Council approval.
Method of Application
Individual and Group Applications can be submitted online.
Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis, however a minimum of 5 - 8 weeks notice is required.
Applicants may apply once per year or to an annual maximum of $500 for individuals or $700 for groups.
For more information, contact: Ipswich City Council's Grants Officer, Josie Berry
Phone: (07) 3810 6657 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org