Flood Map Information
Before proceeding, please read the following Conditions, Disclaimer and Privacy Notice then select a button at the bottom of the page. By selecting the "I Agree" button you agree to the Conditions, Disclaimer and Privacy Notice.
If you believe that any data on this website may be inaccurate, please contact council via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07 3810 6666, providing as much detail as possible regarding the matter. We will then investigate and respond.
Disclaimer, limitations and conditions of use
Ipswich City Council provides this service on the following conditions.
- Through this service, you can obtain flood information specific to a particular property in Council's local government area whose address or legal description details you enter. You can also view maps depicting the extent of the floods that affected Ipswich in 1974 and 2011 and access other general flood information.
- Council accepts no responsibility for any error or inaccuracy in the data entry which may result in you receiving flood information that relates to the wrong property.
- Flood information relating to a specific property will show the highest flood level from the 1974 or 2011 flood that affected the property, where this information is available to Council.
- The 1974 Flood Event Information is a revision of the 1974 flood level based on the most recent contour information (2009).
- This information does not represent the highest probable or possible flood level that might affect the property in a future flood. A flood that is more severe than the 1974 or 2011 flood, either generally or in a local vicinity, can occur, albeit statistically rarely. Further, there may have been significant other historic floods that are not included, due to either lack of available information of significance/relevance. (e.g. 1893 flood and other smaller, but significant, flood events).
- A property may be affected by other sources of potential flooding such as overland flow from adjoining or nearby land or streets or the bursting of pipes. In some cases, a property within the area of a natural or artificial lake (or similar basin or structure in which water collects) may be affected by potential overflows from the lake. The flood information obtained through this website will not provide any information relating to these or similar potential sources of flooding.
- Flood information obtained through this website is determined from the information currently available to Council. Some of this information has been collected by Council from external agencies and bodies.
- If the flood information obtained through this website shows that a particular property was unaffected or was affected to a particular extent by the 1974 or 2011 flood, this does not necessarily mean the same outcome if that flood was repeated now or at any time in the future. Changes to the siting or capacity of stormwater drainage infrastructure, development on the property or other land (including the construction, removal or alteration of fences, buildings and other structures) and changes in the condition of local creeks and waterways, as well as other external factors, may all have an impact on the outcome if the 1974 or 2011 flood was repeated or if a less severe or more severe flood occurred in the future.
- If the flood information obtained through this website shows that a particular property was affected by the 1974 or 2011 flood up to a particular level or point on the property, that inundation limit is indicative and approximate only.
- The flood information obtained through this website is therefore provided for general information purposes only. It should not be relied on for development purposes, to value property or to make any decision which may have financial or legal implications. Council recommends that appropriate professionals, such as registered surveyors and engineers, be consulted for specific advice before making any such decisions.
- The flood information obtained through this website is not the reference point for development purposes. For development purposes, please refer to the Ipswich Planning Scheme and Temporary Local Planning Instrument 01/2012 - Flooding Regulation.
- The copyright in the information available through this website is owned by or licensed to Council. Council reserves all intellectual property rights in the information and does not confer any intellectual property rights on you or any other person by making the information available.
- Information obtained through this website may include or be accompanied by specific disclaimers or limitations. Those disclaimers and limitations apply in addition to those here.
- Council makes no warranty or representation about the accuracy or completeness of the flood information obtained through this website, and disclaims any invitation for anyone to use or rely on any of that information for development purposes, to value property or to make any decision which may have financial or legal implications. Any use of or reliance on flood information obtained through this website is therefore entirely at the risk of the person doing so.
Council will not be liable or responsible on any basis (including negligence) for any expense, loss, damage, cost or liability (including indirect or consequential loss) arising as a result of:
1. any flood information obtained through this website being inaccurate or incomplete; or
2. anyone using or relying on any of that information for development purposes, to value property or to make any decision which may have financial or legal implications.