Tag and chip to reunite you quick. Register and microchip your dog at one of the below events. You can also microchip your cat on the day for only $20.00.
- Free microchipping for first-time dog registrations at one of the below events.
- If your dog is already registered with Council, microchipping is only $20 on the day (EFTPOS available).
- You can also microchip your cat on the day for only $20.00 (EFTPOS available).
Please bring your pet to the below location on one of the dates/times shown:
|Location||Times||Dates for 2016/2017|
|Animal Management Centre|
6 Hooper Street, West Ipswich
9.00 am - 12.00 pm
Friday, 14 July 2017
Why should I register and microchip my pet?
- By having a registration tag on your dog, other residents can easily contact the Council and provide the details from the tag so that you can be safely reunited with your pet if it's lost.
- Should your dog be taken to the Ipswich City Council Pound and Animal Management Centre, it will be released for free once only if it is wearing its tag (as long as the dog has no prior history e.g. roaming or previously impounded).
- A microchip provides a permanent form of ID which can quickly reunite you with your lost or injured pet. This could literally save your pet's life – sadly, many pets that end up in pounds and shelters are not identified (they don't have a chip or tag) and have to be euthanased because their owners cannot be located. Microchips cannot be removed or fall off like the traditional collar and tag.
- Registration (for dogs three months and older) and microchipping (for cats and dogs over eight weeks) are state government requirements - penalties apply for non-compliance.
For further information about pet registration and microchipping phone (07) 3810 6666