As the 28 March local government elections approach, council continues to receive requests from candidates for information about council projects and activities. Council will consider all reasonable requests for information and, where possible, provide advice that is generally available to the public. To help ensure transparency and consistency between candidates, all responses provided will be made available on this page.
1. Candidate sought a meeting with council regarding the activities of the Economic Development Department and Fire Station 101.
2. A candidate sought a meeting with Springfield Library staff.
3. A candidate sought clarification on council’s election signage guidelines, specifically if the guidelines prohibited the placement of election signage on trees on private property with the permission of the property owner.
4. A candidate asked if councillors received an annual clothing allowance of $600.
5. A candidate asked about the availability of council’s three-year capital works program on the “Works and Projects” page on council’s website.
6. A candidate sought advice on council’s redevelopment strategy for the council-owned “Venue” retail building on Nicholas Street, Ipswich particularly the potential cinema offering.
Report an Issue