The Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) is delivered as a partnership between the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and eligible local councils across the state. RADF promotes the role and value of arts, culture and heritage as key drivers of diverse and inclusive communities and strong regions. The fund invests in local arts and cultural priorities as determined by local communities across Queensland and its flexibility enables local councils to tailor RADF programs to the specific needs of their communities.
Standard RADF Application Timeframes
- There are two funding rounds per year (February and July).
- Applications open on 1 February and close 28 February for the first funding round.
- Applications open 1 July and close 31 July for the second funding round.
- Applications for the February round of funding are now closed.
- The next funding round opens on Monday, 1 July 2019.
- Funding applications must be submitted via the online application form.
RADF Quick Response Grants
- Individuals may submit Quick Response Grant applications for opportunities for professional development that unexpectedly become available out of the normal RADF rounds.
- The objective of this category is to enable individual professional artists and artsworkers living in Ipswich to attend professional development seminars, activities, master classes or mentorships with recognised arts and culture peers and to be considered for placements with recognised arts and cultural organisations.
- Quick Response RADF grants may support intrastate and interstate activities only (overseas travel is ineligible).
- Assistance of up to $2,000 is available towards registration, accommodation and travel costs for activities in Queensland and up to $3,000 for activities in other states.
- Applications must be submitted at least eight weeks before the activity via the online application form.
To find out more, including an overview of eligibility criteria, funding process and more download the Regional Arts Development Fund Guidelines and Eligibility Checklist:
If you require assistance in preparing your application, please contact the Ipswich RADF Liaison Officer on (07) 3810 6657 or email Josie.Berry@ipswich.qld.gov.au.