A Temporary Entertainment Event Licence (TEEL) may be required if you are holding an event in Ipswich. Further information regarding a TEEL can be found on the Temporary Entertainment Event Licenses page.


If you wish to hold your event in one of Ipswich City Council’s many parks, reserves or facilities, council's Parks Search is a great resource to help you find the ideal location suited to the requirements of your event.

Facilities such as playground equipment, strength and agility stations/exercise equipment, BBQs, natural areas, shelters and picnic areas are free for public use on a shared basis and cannot be reserved.

Other popular areas, such as sporting fields, halls, chapels and some open areas, have been set aside within parks and reserves specifically to cater for special activities and events and for commercial use.

Any use within these selected areas requires a permit or licence - please refer to the Permit and Licence Information page for further details and to the Fees and Charges page to find out the prescribed fee required to book a selected area.