Ipswich City Council’s commitment to quality sports and recreation facilities continues with the delivery of Ipswich Cycle Park.
The stage one development includes the construction of a 1.7km asphalt circuit that can be configured to three different lengths.
It will include construction of the following:
- An Asphalt Criterium Track with three loops of different length:
- The track will cater for cyclists (7m lane) runners (2m lane) and also have a 1m safety lane
- A main race staging area which will double as ‘Learn-to-Ride’ facility for families when the park is not being utilised for events
- A small staging area for the 400m track
- Minor pathway connections
- An officials shelter for use during events
- Lighting and security cameras for improved safety and utilisation
- 1,310m track loop
- 1,080m track loop
- 400m track loop
Council’s ultimate vision for the Ipswich Cycle Park is to provide a premier Australian cycling facility for both the Ipswich community and racing enthusiasts. Future developments will include a formalised learn to ride area, a clubhouse and additional car parking.
The Ipswich Cycle Park will provide a safe and diverse cycling experience for all members of the community, and also provide a destination for cycling clubs to hold regular sporting events at the local, state and national level.
All events will require a permit, please see the Application for Use tab for further information.
|Open to the public||4.00 am to 10.00 pm|
|Event bookings||4.00 am to 10.00 pm|