Orion Lagoon is located at Springfield, just a 25 minute drive from Ipswich Central Business District, and a 30 minute drive from Brisbane Central Business District. Situated within Orion Springfield Central and the newest stage of the huge Robelle Domain parklands, Orion Lagoon has a vast expanse of shallow pools and water features.
The interconnected pools cater for all age groups, from the toddler-friendly 0.3 metres up to 1.5 metres for more proficient swimmers. Some are gently graded from the edge to give a beach-like effect, with one section offering aquativity features such as squirting spouts and stepping-stones.
Lifeguards are on duty from 5.00 am – 9.00 pm 1st September to 30th April and 7.00am - 5.00 pm 1st May to 31st August but children under 13 must be actively supervised by persons 18 years or older at all times. Only small kick boards and child flotation rings/arm floats are permitted.There are onsite lockers, and flotation devices, swimwear and pool accessories are for sale.
Shade is provided by colourful sails and some trees over the grassed areas, while there’s also a covered barbecue pavilion with picnic tables. Bring your own picnic or take advantage of the Lagoon Café and other nearby eating places.
Orion Lagoon Cafe
The current operating hours are set up below - please check this page again before attending, as the operating hours are up for review and will be changing in the near future:
- Monday to Friday 10.00 am - 8.00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9.00 am - 8.00 pm
- NO PEGS allowed in ground to secure shade structures - sand bags/weights ONLY
- No personal BBQs are allowed to be taken into Council Parks where Council BBQs are provided
- Orion Lagoon is an alcohol and smoke free area
- All dogs are strictly forbidden in the Lagoon area
- School groups must contact Ipswich City Council to advise of their intention to attend the Lagoon to ensure sufficient numbers of lifeguards are rostered on