Tenders and Supply
The City of Ipswich undertakes substantial procurement activities and the Corporate Procurement team ensures all procurement activities are conducted in accordance with the requirements of Section 104 of the Local Government Act 2009, the Local Government Regulation 2012 and Council's Procurement Policy.
Ipswich City Council's procurement process strives to achieve value for money for residents while ensuring probity and accountability is maintained and the sound contracting principals as defined in Section 104(3) of the Local Government Act are adhered to, namely:
- Value for money
- Open and effective competition
- Development of competitive local business and industry
- Environment protection
- Ethical behaviour and fair dealings.
Council’s internal processes ensure that each tender and quotation submitted by potential suppliers is given fair and equitable consideration.
Effective from 1 December 2016, Council's contract number format changed. From this date, a five-digit sequential numbering system was applied (e.g. 10020). All existing contract numbers issued prior to this date remain unaffected by this system change.
- Ipswich City Council has streamlined its internal quotation process to utilise an online request for quotation (RFQ) portal where local suppliers will either form part of an established panel arrangement (through Local Buy Vendor Panel) or will self-register their business through an online portal called Vendor Panel Marketplace.
- Vendor Panel Marketplace is utilised by Council where there is no preferred supplier list or agreement in place, to source quotations from registered suppliers where the quote value is less than $200,000.
- Marketplace is an ‘open market' online system where it is free for suppliers to register, receive notifications of and submit quotes for services or goods that they offer. It is designed to provide Australian small and medium enterprises (SMEs) access to real business opportunities.
- Vendor Panel is used by hundreds of government organisations, utilities, universities and corporations across Australia and manages hundreds of millions in quote-based purchasing. Ipswich City Council’s goal is to help Council purchasing staff engage with local suppliers using a transparent and simple process.
- This is an open (public) registration process and suppliers are required to be Australian businesses with registered ABNs.
- Please visit Marketplace Vendor Panel to register your business on the Marketplace portal under the services or goods that you wish to provide.
- For more information or enquiries regarding Marketplace, contact Council's Corporate Procurement team at Council on (07) 3810 6666 or email@example.com (marked for the attention of the Corporate Procurement team).
- To encourage local industry to tender for the provision of Ipswich City Council's requirements, Council advertises tenders in relevant newspapers as well as online at LG Tender Box. Council has streamlined the tender process by providing an e-tendering system that enables prospective suppliers to download tender documents online.
- Council utilises LG Tender Box, an e-tendering solution offered by Local Buy - a commercial entity wholly owned by the Local Government association of Queensland (LGAQ) that provides procurement services to local governments throughout Queensland.
- LG Tender Box is accessed online via its website www.lgtenderbox.com.au, an online interface for businesses and Queensland councils. Businesses are able to view tender opportunities and download documents at no charge, as well as upload their tender responses.
- In order for a supplier to download documents, they first need to register their company details on the website. As part of this process, suppliers are able to register their interest against various products and services categories and the region they operate in. This registration enables the supplier to be sent automatic notifications of any new tenders lodged against these categories from any of the participating councils.
- As part of the service offered, Local Buy provides support to users of the site through downloadable user guides, a help desk number and email address:
LG Tender Box
Help Desk: 1800 779 027 (free call)
For any queries concerning the tendering process, please contact Council's Corporate Procurement team at (07) 3810 6666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (marked for the attention of the Corporate Procurement team).
Under Chapter 6, Part 4 of the Local Government Regulation 2012, Ipswich City Council is required to publish the following information for contracts awarded (after 14 December 2012) to the value of $200,000 or more (exclusive of GST). Please see Council's current contracts information below and note that the contract values contained within this document are based on an approximate full contract term value and are exclusive of GST.
Contracts Awarded Over $200k (September 2017-2018) (PDF, 547.1 KB)
Please see a list of Ipswich City Council's current tender opportunities in the table below.