Ipswich City Council prides itself on its commitment to promoting and facilitating greater access to our region's locations.
Our free permit application process and policies are designed to facilitate and promote commercial filming activity.
Film Ipswich locations
The City of Ipswich is becoming increasingly popular as a filming destination and boasts a diverse range of film-friendly locations - from urban centres to rural landscapes:
Commercial production licenses
- Filming on Council controlled land and roads: Ipswich City Council approvals team administers commercial film production licenses for filming on Council controlled land and roads. The application form and process flowchart can be accessed below - please read through the application prior to submitting, as your application may require supporting documentation such as traffic control permits, public liability insurance policy, etc.which may delay the processing of your application.
- Filming on private land: filming on privately owned land is at the discretion of the land owner.
- Filming on state and federal government and and roads: the appropriate permits need to be sourced from the relevant state and federal government authorities.
Students, not-for-profit organisations and community groups
- If you are a student, not-for-profit organisation or community group, you are not required to apply for a commercial film production license. If you require exclusive use of a park area or road, you will however still need to apply for that activity.
- A traffic control permit is required for the temporary closure of traffic lanes, shoulders, medians, verges or footpaths. Further information and access to the application can be found here.
- To film in one of the City's many parks please use the Parks Search tool to obtain the relevant information and conditions and submit an online Application for Use of Council Parks or Facilities form or alternatively download the parks use application form (PDF, 161.2 KB) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Film industry associates
- Screen Queensland: supports and promotes quality film and television production in Queensland.
- Screen Australia: provides cultural and industry support through a range of measures.
- Ausfilm: connects the international film community to Australia's incentives, facilities and talent.