The Office of Economic Development is a driver, facilitator and catalyst for economic development, creating better jobs for more people in the City of Ipswich. There is a place in Ipswich, with support available, for any business or business idea to develop, innovate, grow and prosper.
- Business and industry workshops and seminars
- Tours and networking opportunities
- Linkage with industry, business and allies across the region, state and internationally
- Information on local industry, including business trends and opportunities
- Advice on business startups, expansion, relocation or retention
- Demographics and statistics on the Ipswich region
- Information on current and future developments
- Investor attraction assistance
- International relations assistance
ShapingSEQ South East Queensland Regional Plan 2017
The population of South East Queensland will grow by almost two million people over the next 25 years. Ipswich is a critical part of the Queensland State Government's growth plan, earmarked not only for population growth, but also as a key centre for industry and manufacturing-based job creation to employ the next generation of local workers.
View the South East Queensland Regional Plan 2017
Phone: (07) 3810 6938
View/download: OED Brochure (PDF, 382.0 KB)