Ipswich City Council has several assets that can be illuminated to promote major festivals and events, community awareness campaigns or cultural festivals including:
- 1 Nicholas Street Façade
- Ipswich Civic Centre
- Studio 188.
Light up fees
No charges apply for an approved Illumination of Council Assets Application where the eligibility criteria and general conditions have been met.
Illumination application process
The application process varies depending on the council asset. Applications can be made up to 12 months in advance.
Applications are processed in the order they are received and are assessed against the eligibility criteria and general conditions.
Before submitting your application, you are encouraged to read the Terms and Conditions .
The illumination of council assets is reserved for significant local, state or national events or awareness campaigns that:
- have an Ipswich City Council wide audience; or
- benefit all Ipswich residents; or
- attract at least 5,000 participants/audience; or
- are a national or international event represented in multiple states.
The following conditions apply to all lighting requests.
- Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Application does not guarantee use of asset lights, only consideration.
- Requests should be received at least two weeks in advance of the date on which the facility is to be illuminated, to allow time for council to consider the applicants request.
- Approval when granted is considered a one-off approval. A new application is required for subsequent events or campaigns.
- Lighting requests will be approved for a period of up to one week or one night depending on the request.
- Approved light ups are sometimes promoted on council’s website and/or social media pages. This could include an image of an approved light up. By accepting the booking conditions, the applicant is also accepting consent for council to photograph their light up.
- Council reserves the right to cancel or re-negotiate a new light update where possible for any approved booking at their discretion.
- Asset light availability is subject to regular maintenance schedules.
- Submission of an application indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Please refer to the Illumination of Council Assets Application form to submit your request.