The Ipswich Youth Advisory Council (IYAC) is a youth engagement initiative for young people aged 16-25. The goal of IYAC is to ensure Ipswich’s young people are heard on the issues they care about and are empowered to undertake change-making initiatives across the city – designed by young people, for young people.
How to apply
Applications close on Friday, 19 July 2019.
Read through the below information and attachments and if you decide you'd like to work together with council to make a real difference in your city, apply via the button below (or PDF application form under 'More Information') - we look forward to receiving your application!
What's in it for me?
Being a part of IYAC allows you to make a real impact in your community, other benefits include:
- Opportunities to develop your own youth initiatives and events for young people in the City of Ipswich
- Develop leadership, planning, administration, community engagement, research and teamwork skills
- Chance to work with and collaborate with other young people, community groups and services
- Opportunity to be an active member of your local community and make a difference
- Build networks and contacts in the City of Ipswich and further abroad
- Learn how local government works, influence decision-making and be a part of the process
Who we're looking for
Ipswich City Council is looking for young people aged 16-25 living in the Ipswich region who are:
- Dedicated, enthusiastic and committed to young people issues which affect and matter to them
- Keen to learn new skills and experience personal development
- Interested in becoming involved in and planning and development of youth events and initiatives
- Willing to represent the youth of Ipswich at a range of events and other duties
- Able to listen and respect the views of his/her peer group
Responsibilities of IYAC members
- All applicants will have to be prepared to commit to the Ipswich Youth Advisory Council for a minimum of 12 months and maximum of two years. After the successful completion of a two year term, applicants will be required to re-apply for IYAC (providing age requirements are met)
- Attend monthly meetings to be held at various venues across the City of Ipswich in the evenings, i.e. 6.00 pm - 8.00 pm.
- Participate in local community events, forums and activities (both day and night events) on week days, weekends and during school holidays (as required)
Ipswich Youth Advisory Council (IYAC) Articles
For more information contact Council's Community Engagement Branch on (07) 3810 6285 or email email@example.com