Disaster Management Governance
Local Disaster Management Group
- The Local Disaster Management Group (LDMG) is established under the Disaster Management Act 2003 (Qld) is responsible for making decisions about and managing disaster operations in the City of Ipswich local government area and is governed by the City of Ipswich LDMG Terms of Reference (PDF, 319.2 KB).
- The LDMG forms part of the Queensland Disaster Management Arrangements (QDMA) which enables a progressive escalation of support and assistance from the local level through to the federal level during a disaster
Local Recovery and Resilience Group
- The Local Recovery and Resilience Group (LRRG) is a subgroup to the LDMG and is governed by the City of Ipswich LRRG Terms of Reference (PDF, 273.5 KB)
- The role of the LRRG is to coordinate, on behalf of the LDMG, community recovery in the City of Ipswich and provide coordination and oversight of Local Recovery Taskforces.
Local Disaster Management Plan and Sub Plans
Local Disaster Management Plan
- The Local Disaster Management Plan (LDMP) (PDF, 3.6 MB) has been prepared for the Ipswich local government area under the provisions of section 57(1) of the Disaster Management Act 2003 to assist in minimising the impact of disaster events, and preparation for, response to, and recovery from such events.
- The purpose of the LDMP is to detail the arrangements for the coordination and management of resources in a disaster; and to ensure the safety and well-being of the Ipswich community prior to, during and after a disaster.
- The LDMG have contributed to and overseen the development of a LDMP, their contribution is acknowledged and appreciated.
Supporting Sub Plans
Sub Plans are prepared as supporting documents to the LDMP and they must be read in conjunction with the LDMP itself: