Disaster Management Governance
Local Disaster Management Group
- The Local Disaster Management Group (LDMG) is established under the Disaster Management Act 2003 (Qld). It is responsible for making decisions about and managing disaster operations in the City of Ipswich local government area.
- The LDMG forms part of the Queensland Disaster Management Arrangements (QDMA), enabling a progressive escalation of support and assistance from the local to the district and state federal levels during a disaster.
- The City of Ipswich LDMG terms of reference establish the governance arrangements.
Local Recovery and Resilience Group
- The Local Recovery and Resilience Group (LRRG) is a subgroup of the LDMG and is governed by the City of Ipswich LRRG Terms of Reference (PDF, 273.5 KB)
- The role of the LRRG is to coordinate, on behalf of the LDMG, community recovery in the City of Ipswich and provide coordination and oversight of Local Recovery Taskforces.
Local Disaster Management Plan and Sub Plans