For the Love of Nature, let’s talk about how we can all help keep Ipswich natural areas safe for our community, native animals and plants, and the environment.

Ipswich is home to some of South-East Queensland's most beautiful natural places. On our doorstep we have majestic mountains, stunning rocky outcrops, and expansive forests which are home to so much unique Australian wildlife. Council manages these areas to provide safe refuges for native animals and plants.

Getting out into nature is great for supporting our physical, mental and social wellbeing, and fostering happy, healthy communities. It is important we sustainably manage the impact of visitors to conservation areas with flora, fauna and cultural importance.

Dog walking and trail bike riding are popular activities allowed in designated areas (see below). However, they are prohibited in Ipswich high-value conservation areas to protect the safety of visitors and native wildlife and prevent harm to the environmental and cultural values of the area.

Council and police work together to support the safe enjoyment of our natural areas.

Visitors provide important information to help council manage problem behaviours. If you observe any of these activities, please report to council.

  • Unauthorised trail bike and 4-wheel driving access
  • Littering and illegal dumping
  • Domestic dogs in wildlife conservation areas
  • Vandalism and graffiti
  • Public nuisance behaviour.

To report problem behaviours phone council on 3810 6666 or email

Alternatively, click this link to report an issue

Domestic dogs in conservation estates

Dogs are prohibited in a number of Ipswich conservation estates and reserves such as White Rock – Spring Mountain Conservation Estate.

These areas are sanctuaries and as such are reserved and managed primarily for the protection of native plants and animals. The presence of dogs, their scent, and barking raises the stress levels of native animals and causes other issues.

You can help by only taking your own dog to areas where dogs are permitted, and reporting to Council instances of dogs being brought into conservation areas where they are prohibited.

Dog friendly locations

You love your dog and we understand how much you enjoy the great outdoors together. Check out this page to find out more about why dogs aren’t allowed in some conservation areas, and discover other places you can take them.

Trail bikes and 4-wheel driving

Unauthorised trail bikes and 4-wheel driving in our conservation estates and reserves distresses wildlife, damages vegetation, creates erosion, creates nuisance and has caused injury to visitors.

You can help by keeping records of trail bike activity and make a report to council. This will help enforcement action to be directed to the right place at the right time.

Ride Legal, Ride safe

You’ve invested in your bike, gear and developed some awesome skills. Show it all off where it’s safer for you and others, and purpose managed for the riding you love.

Check out these contacts for safer, legal places to ride.

Littering and illegal dumping

Littering and illegal dumping poses risks to the health and safety of people and animals, creating fire hazards, generating clean-up and prosecution costs and damaging the natural beauty of our bushland areas.

You can help by reporting instances of littering and illegal dumping to council.

Vandalism and Graffiti

Vandalism and graffiti can be offensive, make people feel unsafe, lowers the appeal of an area and the chemicals needed to remove graffiti can be damaging to the environment.

Vandalism includes cutting fences to allow illegal access, or damage to amenities or signs, and intentional damage to natural elements such as trees or rocks.

You can help protect the built and natural features of our natural areas by reporting vandalism to council.

Public nuisance behaviour

If you or anyone else is in danger, or a crime is happening now, call 000.

Public nuisance could include behaviour that is uncontrolled, violent, disorderly, indecent, offensive or threatening or causes a substantial, unreasonable annoyance or disruption and the person’s behaviour interferes, or is likely to interfere, with the peaceful passage through, or enjoyment of, a public place by a member of the public.

Contact Policelink on 13 14 44 for non-urgent help.

If you see evidence such as discarded needles or bottles that may indicate antisocial behaviour is occurring, please report to Council.