Agenda for the Special Meeting of Council to be held on Tuesday, 29 May 2018 commencing at 9.30 am at Hymba Yumba, 6 Springfield Park Way, Springfield.
Business (PDF, 998.7 KB)
1. OPENING OF MEETING:
2. WELCOME TO COUNTRY OR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COUNTRY:
3. OPENING PRAYER:
4. APOLOGIES AND LEAVE OF ABSENCE:
5. CONDOLENCES AND MEMORIALS:
6. PETITIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Presentation of Key to the City to Aunty Faye Carr
- Presentation to Google Trekker - Josh Kerr
7. CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES:
- Ipswich City Council - Minutes of Council Ordinary Meeting of 23 April 2018
- Ipswich City Council - Minutes of Council Special Meeting of 1 May 2018
8. RECEPTION AND CONSIDERATION OF COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- Infrastructure and Emergency Management Committee’s Report
- Works, Parks and Sport Committee's Report
- Conservation and Environment Committee’s Report
- Libraries and Tourism Committee's Report
- Arts and Community Development Committee's Report
- Health, Security and Community Safety Committee's Report
- Planning, Development and Heritage Committee's Report
- Economic Development and Digital City Committee's Report
- City Management, Finance and Community Engagement Committee’s Report
9. CONSIDERATION OF NOTIFIED MOTIONS:
- The following questions were tabled by Councillor Tully at the Council Ordinary Meeting of 23 April 2018. The questions were taken on notice with a response to be provided at the Council Ordinary Meeting of 29 May 2018:
- Is it true that Ipswich recycling direct-to-landfill commenced some three months ago and not four weeks ago as reported last week in the media?
- Who in Council authorised or directed the recycling direct-to-landfill process in Ipswich?
- When did Ipswich Waste Services Manager and Acting Chief Operating Officer of the Works, Parks and Recreation Department become aware of the recycling direct-to-landfill process?
- Was the Acting CEO advised and on what date?
- Was any Councillor advised of such process prior to 16 April 2018?
- If so, whom and on what date?
- Given the citywide importance of this issue to ratepayers and residents and the need for transparency and accountability, why were Councillors not advised prior to 16 April 2018?
- Responses to questions
10. RECEPTION OF NOTICES OF MOTION FOR FUTURE MEETINGS:
12. OFFICERS' REPORTS:
13. CONSIDERATION OF ITEMS PLACED ON THE AGENDA BY A COUNCILLOR IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTIONS 6 AND 8 OF THE SUBORDINATE LOCAL LAW (2.1 COUNCIL MEETINGS)
Confirmed Council Ordinary Minutes - 29 May 2018 (PDF, 2.5 MB)