Christmas and Festive Season Grants support community organisations developing and delivering a community Christmas event or activity or other celebratory event relevant to the broader community.
- One funding round per year (July).
- Applications open 1 July and close 31 July each year for consideration at Council’s October meeting.
Maximum funding of up to $2,000 is available per initiative per funding round.
Funding applications must be submitted via the online application form.
2018 Grant Recipients
The successful recipients of Christmas/Festive Season Grants for 2018 include:
- AEIOU Foundation: $605 towards Camira Kids Christmas Party
- ALARA Qld Ltd: $1,500 towards ALARA Annual Christmas Party for people with a disability
- Anglican Parish of Rosewood: $523 towards the Marburg Community Carols Evening
- Churches of Christ Care: $1,500 towards the Churches of Christ Care South West Fostering and Kinship Care Family Christmas event
- Churchill Baptist Church: $1,500 towards Carols in the Park
- Collingwood Park State School P&C Association: $1,500 towards Carols by Torchlight
- FOCAL Community Living Inc: $687.75 towards the Focal Christmas in the Park event
- Ipswich Central State School Parents and Citizens Association: $1,500 towards Carols at Central
- Kruger Parade Baptist Church: $1,000 towards Kruger Parade Community Christmas Carols
- Leichhardt Baptist Church: $1,312.50 towards Leichhardt Community Christmas Carols
- Lions Club of Rosewood: $1,500 towards Rosewood Lions Christmas Street Carnival
- LiveCity Church: $1,500 towards Redbank Plains Community Christmas Carols
- Marburg and District Agricultural and Industrial Association: $1,000 towards Christmas Carnival
- Multicultural Development Australia: $1,303.19 towards Redbank Plains Christmas outdoor cinema
- Pine Mountain and Districts Progress Association: $60 towards Christmas Carols in the Park
- Raceview Congregational Fellowship Inc: $1,500 towards Raceview Christmas Carols under the Christmas Tree
- Richmond Fellowship of Queensland: $911 towards consumer Christmas lunch/party
- Rosewood and District Ministers Association: $910.43 towards Rosewood Community Christmas Carols
- Shiloh Christian Family Centre: $1,500 towards Western Gateway Christmas Carols
- Springfield Christian Family Ltd: $1,000 towards Christmas Carols in Robelle Domain Parklands
- Movement Crew: $1,500 towards Movement Christmas Party
- The Pyjama Foundation: $637.50 towards Ipswich Christmas Party 2018
- Tivoli Social Enterprises Ltd: $1,500 towards Ipswich Community Christmas Spectacular
- Westside Community Care: $1,062.95 for Christmas Day Community Morning Tea
- Women’s Crisis Support Service Inc: $233.87 towards 2018 Christmas party
To find out more, including an overview of eligibility criteria, funding process and more download the Community Grants and In-Kind Assistance Program Guidelines.
For further information please contact Josie Berry, Community Grants Officer on (07) 3810 6657 or Josie.Berry@ipswich.qld.gov.au.