Humans, it's up to you. Get your pet microchipped. Microchipping your pet ensures you are reunited quickly if they get lost. You can microchip and register your pet at one of the below events.
Please check this page again at a later date for a list of future pet registration/microchipping event dates and times.
- Free microchipping for first-time dog registrations at the events.
- If your dog is already registered with Council, microchipping is only $20 on the day (EFTPOS available).
- You can also microchip your cat on the day for only $20 (EFTPOS available).
Why should I register and microchip my pet?
- If your pet gets lost, details from the tag or microchip can be used to reunite you quickly.
- Should your pet be taken to the Ipswich City Council Pound and Animal Management Centre, it will be released for free once only if it is wearing its current registration tag, is microchipped with up to date, contactable owner details and is desexed (as long as it has no prior history, e.g. roaming or previously impounded).
- A microchip provides a permanent form of ID for your pet. Microchips cannot be removed or fall off like the traditional collar and tag.
- Registration (for dogs three months and older) and microchipping (for cats and dogs over eight weeks) are state government requirements - penalties apply for non-compliance.
For further information about pet registration and microchipping phone (07) 3810 6666