General Enquiries & Emergencies
(07) 3810 6666

TTY Phone
133 677 then ask for
07 3810 6666

Accessibility Options: A A Adjust contrast


Plumbing Standards, Forms, and Fact Sheets

Plumbing is regulated by Council under the current State Government legislation, available for viewing on the Department of Housing and Public Works website.

NEW Plumbing and Drainage Act 2018 commencing 1 July 2019

The Queensland State Government has introduced new plumbing and drainage legislation that is due to commence on 1 July 2019.  The Plumbing and Drainage Act 2018 (PDA) and associated Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2019 (PDR) are structured such that the operational aspects in relation to plumbing and drainage are now contained within the regulation.  The Act also introduces a new fast track application approval process for class 1a and 10a buildings subject to conditions.

As a result of the new Act ALL plumbing permit applications submitted from 1 July 2019 must be accompanied by the new ‘Form 1 – Permit work application for plumbing, drainage and on-site sewerage work’.   The Department of Housing and Public Works (HPW) are presently finalising this form along with a suite of other forms and templates for use by home owners, applicants, plumbers and local government.

For further information regarding the upcoming changes please refer to the Department of Housing and Public Works website.

State Government Plumbing Forms

Application Forms for Plumbing work are available from the Department of Housing and Public Works website.

Commonly used forms listed below:

  • Form 1: Application for Compliance Assessment
  • Form 3: Verification of Covered Work
  • Form 4: Notifiable Minor Work
  • Form 5: Application for Compliance Assessment - Remote Area
  • Form 6: Notice of Compliance - Remote Area
  • Form 7: Notification of Responsible Person
  • Form 8: Notice of Compliance On-Site Sewerage Work
  • Form 9: Report on Inspection and Testing of Backflow Prevention Devices, Registered Air Gaps and Registered Break Tanks.

Fees may be payable depending on the type of works undertaken, particularly applications using Forms 1 and Form 4.

Please refer to Council's Fees and Charges.

Council Plumbing Forms

Compliance Report (Confirmation of Testing)

Compliance  Report (PDF, 750.0 KB)

Plumbing Compliance Permit Information Request - Request for Extension of Time

Request for Extension of Time (PDF, 658.4 KB)

Lodgement Checklist for Plumbing Work
Plumbing Application Lodgement Checklist (PDF, 278.6 KB)

Council Plumbing Fact Sheets

Backflow Prevention Devices