Please ensure you read the advertisement and position description before applying for a job with Ipswich City Council. To apply for vacancies, go to Careers@Ipswich and select the “Apply Now” button on the job advertisement.
Applications should consist of:
- a covering letter (quoting the reference number of the position above) of no more than 2 pages outlining the key reasons for your interest in the role, your contact address and telephone number; and
- a copy of your resume, that includes details of education and qualifications and your employment history in chronological order starting with current position and the names and contact details of two referees.
Applications must be made online.
How Does the Recruitment Process Work
Council is committed to attracting the right people and supporting, developing and retaining high calibre staff.
The general recruitment process includes:
- Vacancies - All current vacancies are advertised on Council's Careers@Ipswich website and on seek.com.au
- Acknowledgement - All applications will be acknowledged.
- Shortlisting and Interviews - Applications are forwarded to the interview panel members for short listing. If short listed, applicants will be required for an interview with a panel of at least 3 Council employees. The interview is to determine your ability to perform the role against the selection criteria and an opportunity for the panel members to get to know you. You can also gain information regarding the position and Council to help you decide if Council and the position are right for you.
- Reference Checks - Council will notify you if they are undertaking referee checks with your referees. Generally, two referee checks are completed. Candidates will be requested to provide their current supervisor as a reference if they are the preferred candidate.
- Appointment - After interviews, the successful applicant will be notified and sent a written offer of appointment. Some positions may require completion of certain pre-employment checks such as work assessments, medicals and verification of qualifications. You will be notified if any pre-employment checks are required. Your commencement and terms and conditions of your employment will also be negotiated. You will be required to provide proof that you are legally entitled to work in Australia.
If you have any queries during the recruitment process please contact the People and Culture Branch on (07) 3810 7846.
Ipswich City Council collects personal information for the purposes of recruitment, selection and administering employment. Personal information will not be disclosed unless required by law or the candidate has given their consent. For further information, refer to Council's Privacy Statement and Personal Information Digest.
To view current vacancies and information about careers at Ipswich City Council visit our careers website: Careers@Ipswich
Ipswich City Council does not accept unsolicited resumes or approaches from recruitment agencies.