Ipswich City Council’s Commitment to Providing Information
Ipswich City Council is committed to providing the community with open and transparent access to information in relation to its services, activities and business operations and is working to:
- Be more open and accountable
- Providing equal access to information across all sectors of the community
- Ensuring appropriate protection for each individual's privacy.
To determine the best avenue to access Council information visit Council’s Accessing Information webpage.
The Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI Act) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (IP Act) aim to make more information available, provide equal access to information across all sections of the community and provide appropriate protection for individual privacy.
- The RTI Act gives you the right to access and amend information held by public sector agencies in Queensland, unless there is a good reason for it not to be provided. You have the right to access your personal information held by government under the IP Act.
- You have the right to access personal and non-personal information held by government under the RTI Act.
- This legislation replaces the former Freedom of Information Act 1992.
- For further information about about the RTI Act and IP Act visit the websites of the Queensland Government RTI and the Office of the Information Commissioner and see the RTI and IP Acts factsheets on the Office of the Information Commissioner website.