In order to issue a food licence a food safety supervisor with suitable qualifications must be nominated on the application.
- You can review the information about the food safety supervisor requirements. A copy of the certificate of attainment should accompany the completed food licence application and payment of the licence fee.
- The food business can access free training through I'M ALERT Food Safety. A certificate will be generated for the individual once completed
- Refer to fees for a food premises licence (please tick relevant food premises on the application form).
- Please note that businesses are required to pay a licence fee and an inspection fee. Refer to
fees and charges.
- Please complete the Application for a Fixed or Mobile Food Business Licence and return with payment and a copy of the food safety supervisor qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. The inspection will be conducted after settlement and Council will provide you with a current report of requirements. Council will assess your application within 30 business days, please ensure that you allow sufficient time to complete this process prior to the intended settlement date.
- Bona Fide Charitable and Community Organisations will also need to provide evidence of their non-profit status.
Your food business may also hold other licences depending upon your activities e.g. outdoor dining.These licences may also need to be transferred.
Food Safety Standards - Resources
Food Standards Australia Fact sheets (translated)